blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wild Wild West!







Our school is celebrating Right To Read Week and this year's theme is Wild Wild West. Our school committee outdid themselves this year, transforming our school. Of course, we created some projects in art class to accompany this fun theme.

Some photos of our school atrium:


















The kinders studied types of line and made this teepee mural in art.












First graders made a cactus collage.






Second graders made themselves in to cowboys and cowgirls.




















Third graders made cool cowboy boots with their names as the stitches.















I have lesson plans that I will post soon. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. These are all so COOL! I love when a whole school gets involved in a theme. I especially like the appearance of depth in the Kindergartener's teepee mural and the name stitching on the boots:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, These are great! I absolutely LOVE the mural! Great projects as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background on the cactus. How did you do it, if you don't mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are AWESOME!! We are doing something similar for our school right now. Did you ever post the lesson plans? I can't find them!

    ReplyDelete