blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Art Project Charts

If your students are anything like mine, they always come in the room and ask what we are making next or can't even remember what we are working on right now! I decided to make these charts, laminate them, and use a whiteboard marker to write our projects on them. They hang in the front of the room and seem to have cut down on the constant questions because the answer is right there in front of them.



I use small visual references for the younger students and to jog the memories of the older ones.








After finishing my charts, I realized that I probably should have used the word "last" instead of "then", so I have made two different copies of these files which I have in PDF form for you to use. You can find them on my Google Docs account: https://docs.google.com/?pli=1#folders/0BzoMq-hdXv6tNGQ4OWQ5ODYtZGZkMS00YzIxLWFhNGYtNDY4OTljNDBjZjdm


(Note: Blogger is really acting up lately- I couldn't link the way I would normally. Sorry!)

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Except I couldn't fill in the "Next" part because I tend to change my mind at the last minute, even if I have something planned! I need to post one of these outside my classroom door- I don't know how many times I'm stopped in the hallways by students who say "What are we doing in Art today?" and I always say "Art!" Now I can tell them to go check the sign. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,love,love your chart idea! Made up one for each of my grades the day i saw it! Used hot pink paper for the background and mounted the words on lime green! Looks great! The kids love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super idea! I wish I was that organized! I tend to switch my mind up or do a different lesson with certain first grades vs others...too many classes. I have 6 of each grade level. I have to find a way to do this though..it totally bugs me when the kids come in and look at the board and ask "what are we doing today!?"..since there's no time in between classes I have to explain that it isn't always "their" project still on the board! I love your idea, I'll have to try and tweak it a bit for my classes!

    ReplyDelete