blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Draw Like An Egyptian- Art at the Library



I was asked to present a lesson for two local libraries and I chose to present "Draw Like An Egyptian." The lesson plan may be found on The Incredible Art Department. It is my lesson, but I will need to retype it here when I have time. (I really wish we could cut & paste on Blogger!)


The simple steps are as follows:


1. Draw an Egyptian figure surrounded by Hieroglyphics.



2. Trace using black permanent marker.




3. Sponge acrylic on top to make it look aged.











4. Add liquid watercolor sparingly.





































6 comments:

  1. harika!ne çok şey öğrendim sizlerden teşekkürler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful drawings.
    I love the effect of the water colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea! Thinking of doing Egyptian art later in the year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fantastic! Libraries and children's art, what a fantastic combination! These look so authentic and it's great to see so many photos of the process, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I love it! Thanks for sharing this great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is incredible! I hope you don't mind if I borrow it during my ancient Egypt unit.

    ReplyDelete