blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bulletin Boards, etc.

Finally got those bulletin boards finished- well, almost. I still have a few touches to add, but they are 99% finished.





This one is to help the kids with clean up and organization. I told them that I am the biggest monster at the top and they are the smaller monsters at the bottom. If you recall, I have their tables numbered, so they know which monster is "theirs" (see photo below). I have made it so that I can remove the word clouds and replace them with new jobs each day. Basically, their monster tells them what to do at clean-up time. Jobs include sharpening pencils, washing paint brushes, wiping tables, etc.


These numbers, on their tables, correspond with their seats and let them know which monster to look at.This is my version of Mr. E's No No Board, which reminds students of things I do not want to see in their artwork. For example, no stick people, no smiley faces on their suns, no "broccoli trees", and no floating people and things. I still need to finish coloring the cards, so this one is a work in progress.


I made these signs last year to show my art room rules.






This chart is new this year and is a combination of a few ideas I have seen on several blogs, including Mr. E's. I have cut out the letters "A" "R" & "T" and placed them on my whiteboard. If they follow all of the rules for the day, they keep all three letters and receive a blue square on the chart. If they lose any of their letters, they get a yellow square, and if they lose all of their letters, they receive a red square. The class thet has the most blue squares at the end of the year will receive a prize (not sure what yet!)






This bulletin board is for Artist Spotlights, and obviously, this month's is Vincent VanGogh.


My husband knows that I like to start the year with a sunflower project, so he sent me some flowers for inspiration! They look gorgeous on my desk.


Hope you are all having a great start to the school year!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so organized! I'm jealous of your bulletin board space. We have one bulletin board in our room, boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw my new art room, there were only 2 bulletin boards & one of them was at the top of a small staircase, out of eyesight. I begged for more and they covered almost every open space. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first visit to your blog but I had to comment on your beau-t-ful bulletin boards!!! I love them. I hope you have a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your "no no" board. i have something similar...and it says "no triangle noses, straight-line mouths, and polka dot eyes!!!"
    great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I hope you don't mind, but I have posted a photo of your bulletin board on one of my blogs. "Bulletin Boards to Remember" Oh, and of course, I have linked back to this blog entry. If you don't approve, let me know and I'll take it down. jan

    www.bulletinboardstoremember.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, that is fine. Thank you for the link back!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just hired as the art teacher after spending my first year as art on a cart in 10 schools. I love your bulletin board ideas. What do your job monsters say?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How is your behavior chart working? I teach at two very difficult elementary schools and have tried everything under the sun for classroom management except for your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you draw your monsters are did you have a pattern? I would love to have them because I am doing a monster theme in my room this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vixen, yes, I did make those myself! You are welcome to take inspiration from them to make your own. Have fun!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just recently discovered your blog and it is amazing! I am currently obsessed with your bulletin board ideas, and am going to try one myself soon. Thank you for your inspiration and dedication!

    ReplyDelete